Saturday 18 January 2014

What is music? To me, it gives free reign to imagination and creativity, and it connects people despite language and geographical barriers. Music is a way of life, and its philosophy is just astounding. It is a connection between our mind, emotions and the world. In other words, music is simply amazing.

As such, when I heard that our next VC CA will be to create an electronic direct mailer (EDM) to promote a local musician or band, I was really excited. I have always been interested in local music, so I am really glad that I have this opportunity to take on this task.

The artiste that I will be working with is Chris Lister, an amazing musician with an exceptional talent. His music features mostly acoustic and rock sounds, and his lyrics are written to showcase his life, from his innermost emotions to his travels. His soulful voice is mesmerising, and one can never get tired of hearing his voice. He is a seasoned performer, having lived and performed in various parts of the world.  Having the opportunity to work with such an established musician is definitely an honour.

Having said that, since my task this time is to create an electronic direct mailer, it is rather daunting, for someone who is not very tech-savvy. However, I believe I will be able to take on this challenge and work together with my partner to create something outstanding!

I shall end this post with one of my favourite songs from Chris, Peace of Mind. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment